365 Cards and D2D Card Ideas! Up first is my sample for today's 365 Cards challenge which was based on "Subliminal Message." Apparently Pam drank some more of her "special coffee" before she went to the movies and was inspired to challenge us to use images of food "good enough to eat." Well, I went with the movie idea too and used this cute ticket stub digi from Shannon's Sentiments for my background and yummy popcorn for my focus image (from SU!). May be hard to tell but I added embossed stripes on the red and glittery brads on the sentiment panel. The inside of the card says "just to say "hi!"" Here's the other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. CardPatterns - sketch
2. Charisma Cardz Challenges! - Jokes and Laughter
3. Craft your passion challenges - show us your layers
4. Creative Inspirations Challenge - digi: mine is the background paper I made
5. Incy Wincy Designs - buttons and bows
6. Iris's Spot - anything goes
7. Totally Stampalicious - food
8. Tuesday Throwdown - brads/eyelets: the button is actually is a brad!
9. Delicious Doodles challenges - anything goes
Next up is my sample for this week's "ABC challenge with a twist" at the D2D Card Ideas blog. The "ABC" is "anything but a card" and the twist is to use 1 ribbon, 2 patterned papers, and 3 buttons. I re-purposed a paperclip container by paper piecing the "Mice Day" image (taking out the mouse and grass), adding a sentiment from the "Bloom Grow Dream" set (printed on the "sky") and layering them on the inside of the container. I made new grass by fringe cutting a strip of textured cardstock and adding "faux" stitching with a white pen.
I copied and flipped the flower image, but you can't see it in the picture...it's on the other side of the sentiment. Added my ribbon and 3 buttons to the top of the container. Here's the other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - flowers
2. CES challenges - spring colors/images
3. Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges - May Flowers
4. Delightful challenges - paper piecing or paper piercing
5. For Fun Challenges - recycle something
6. If The Shoe fits... Scrap It! - recycling, reusing, renewing
7. INKY IMPRESSIONS CHALLENGES - flowers
8. Lexi's Creations - anything but a card
9. Phindy’s Friday challenge - paper piecing
10. Pixie Dust Studio Pixie Challenge - spring forward (spring/Easter card/project with pastel colors)
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to play along in these challenges this week! I love to see what you all come up with!