Saturday, January 23, 2010

Be My Valentine



Aloha! Apparently I'm in a "how many challenges can I combine in one card?" mode as this is the second weekend that I've spent the day finding numerous challenges and creating a card to fit them! It really gets those juices flowing! So here is today's creation. I was lucky enough to download this free digi stamp set from Verve a couple of weeks ago and was thrilled to find many Valentine's Day/Love/Heart challenges that it was perfect for!

INSIDE

 On the inside, I created a text box in Word and then cropped and pasted the heart image around it to give a border. Those pink buttons are handmade (paper punches with holes poked and glossy accents covering). I'm getting used to using the sewing machine so some layers are attached by sewing.

So here are all the challenges:
1. A Spoon Full of Sugar #87 - Lot of Layering
2. Bee Craft - #22 - Favourite Colour Combo (+digi)- Pink is my absolute favorite color but I've also grown to love combining it with red hence my favorite combo!
3. Caardvarks - Red Heart Challenge (use red and hearts) - got'em both in there :)
4. Crafty Creations Challenge #51 - Valentines or Love
5. Crazy 4 Challenges #21 - Pretty in Pink
6. Creative Belli Challenge #83 - Hearts!
7. Creative Card Crew #43 - Punch It
8. Dare U 2 Digi Stamp Challenge #29 - Buttons (+ Digi)
9. Easy Breezy "Kewl" Colour Challenge - Riding Hood Red, Pink Piroquette, Whisper White, Soft Suede -added a soft suede color ribbon to meet this one...liked the pop of brown with the pink, red, and white
10. Get Sketchy #22
11. Humble Pie - Love - use Red, Pink and White + hearts
12.  Idli Co's Creative Challenge #8 - use Red, Pink, White
13. Incy Wincy Designs - Challenge #26 - Colour Me Wonderful (use your favorite coloring medium): mine
is Prismacolor Markers which were used to color the heart on the front
14. Jacksonbelle Tuesday Challenge - Valentine's Day
15. KL Stampin N Scrapin Challenge #14 - Nesties, Punches, or Dies, OH MY!
16.  La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #22 - Fancy Fold Cards - forgot to mention that I followed the
Triangle Trifold toot on SCS...think it's somewhat "fancy"
17. Little Paper Shop Challenge #51 - Button It 
18. Moxie Fab World - Start to Finish (complete the outside and inside): this also meets my personal
challenge to finish the inside of my cards this year!
19. Papertake Weekly Challenge: Pretty Pink Papertake
20. Pile It On - Challenge #2 - Tie it around it (use 3 ribbons)
21. Raise the Bar Challenge #2 - the gift that keeps on giving (use anything that someone has given you): the
pink ribbon was given to me by my DM :)
22. Simon Says ... Punch it!
23. The Corrosive challenge #47 - Let's go Digi!
24. Your Next Stamp Challenge #8 - Anything that sparkles: see the rhinestones?!? :)

Whew...think that's about it for now! Gotta figure out a quicker way to write up these multiple challenge postings!

Aloha,


36 comments:

Julie Leblanc said...

Such a fun fold card... loving it!!!
Thanks for including Easy Breezy KEWL in your list of challenges:-)

CFLanger said...

Wow this is really pretty! I love all the yummy ribbons!

Allison Rankin said...

A stunner...love the insides too!

A Consuming Passion said...

This is such a pretty card Kim and way to go with the challenges!!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Congratulations on combining so many challenges Kim, i love this card so pretty and fabulous detail, thank you for joining in with the CCC challenge this week, hugs Linda x

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh 24 challenges.... you rock! I think that's a record! I love your card!It totally speaks love in every way! I too downloaded that image and have yet to use it!

STAMPING SAM said...

OMG! OMG! What an absolute, beautiful, gorgeous, elegant card! I always knew your talent and creativity came from your father......OK, you've won the challenge, challenge. I think I'll set my goal for 4 and then maybe I will get something done! By the way, this is more than refrigerator art - this card needs a frame! Till later, Love, SAM aka MOM

Elena said...

What a beautiful card and amazing fold!
Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land!

Ann said...

Gorgeous!! Love the layered ribbon and the inside of the card. And love the soft coloring too. Thanks for playing at Humble Pie this week.

Darlene said...

Oh my gosh ... that's a TON of challenges ... great job! Your card is awesome ... love the "soft touch" of this heart image ... just beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar. We hope you'll join in on the fun again next week!

Carol said...

Wowzers! Great card and ALL those challenges! Must make a girl tired! :^)

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in the fun at both Corrosive Challenge and Raise the Bar.

Risa said...

What a beautiful card KIm! Your image is gorgeous and detailing is fabulous! Thank you for playing along with this weeks KLSNS Challenge.
hugs
Risa:)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. Love the clean and simple image!
Thanks for playing @ Humble Pie!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Audrey said...

Way to Pile It On! What a sweet Valentine. I love the inking that you did! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Lori said...

Fabulous card, Kim! Love the way you did the ribbons. I went to Get Sketchy, (always looking for sketch challenges), and entered the contest, I put your name as my friend referral, so you should get one more entry. :-)

Kelly L said...

Wow, 24 challenges?! That is awesome! What a beautiful card. I love this digi image. Too bad I missed out on it though. Thanks so much for joining us during our KL SNS die/punch challenge this week. Watch on Monday to see if you were a winner. :) Hugs, Kelly

Laurel said...

24 challenges, wow! it is a fabulous card!

~*Joni said...

Aloha Kim! First off, I am so happy that you are enjoying my home state. ;) I was born and raised on Kauai, spent 27 years of my life in Hawaii (the last 8 on Oahu at UH). It is indeed paradise. ;)
I love love love the stitching on your card! This layout is just beautiful and works so well with your freebie download. What a great job altering the image to work on the inside as well, thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week. Or shall I say Mahalo Nui Loa? ;) heehee!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

That card rocks Kim! Thanks for joining us at Jacksonbelle Embellishments:)

JayLynn said...

Very cool card! I love the criss cross opening and the triple ribbon. Thanks for joining us at ICCC.

Nina said...

OMG.. really how do you guys do this? with a tracking sheet? :O) this card is stunning kim... love everything about it!!

Maria said...

Hi Kim. This is a gorgeous creation and love all the ribbons and the opening. Thanks for joining us at Humble Pie. Hugs, Maria

Irina Blount said...

24 challenges??!! That's AWESOME!! Great card!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing with us this week at La-La Land Crafts!!
Hugs!!
Irina

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with your LOVELY work!
We'll have a great blog-hop tomorrow... I hope you'll join us! :)

Greetings, Saskia

Lorraine A said...

beautiful card :-) I love the papers and embellies you used :-) Lovely :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful image, so elegant!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I just LOVE this image (have it too!) from Verve! Beautiful project! I love how you created the frame! Thanks for joining in the Belli Challenge!

Dora said...

I love this card wow so pretty!
thanks for playing!

Martha said...

Oh, this card is beautiful. Love the ribbon!

Martha said...

Oh, this card is beautiful. Love the ribbon!

Bee said...

Beautiful card and lovely colour combo. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

Jenny Gropp said...

WOWZERS -- talk about challenges! Can't believe all of the challenges you tackled with this card, which is beautiful! So striking and perfectly balanced -- love every detail!
Thanks for adding the Belli Challenge to your list!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! Such an awesome fold design and I love the Verve images!!! I'm in awe of you ability to combine so many challenges!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

Jacilynn said...

Just beautiful! Love your punches.
Jacilynn
KLSNS

Maureen said...

Wow - what an absolutely gorgeous card!! Love the colors and ribbons and how you created the inside design - awesome!! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge and Your Next Stamp Challenges!