Aloha, everyone! I know much of the mainland is burning up in the heat this summer but I was inspired by all of those beach/fun in the sun challenges for my card(s) this weekend. Same theme for both but different styles kinda. First up is a soft colored beach scene using stamps from a Flourishes set called "Beach Life". The image is colored with copics and the background on the image is done with ink and sponges. The DSP is Bella Blue (Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla). The embossing behind the image is a SU! folder called "Square Lattice". Also got a silver starfish brad and twill ribbon.
1. By The Cute And Girly - A day at...the beach!
2. Card Makin’ Mamas - busting out the rubber (stamps): I'm hoping the clear stamps count for this
3. Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge - Anything goes as long as it is a card.
4. Freshly Brewed Challenge - summertime
5. little red wagon - life's a beach!
6. Mojo Monday - sketch
7. Tuesday Throwdown - Summertime
8. Crafty Sentiments - summertime
9. TotallyPaperCrafts - here comes summer
The next card is a bright summer card using a CC Designs image "Polka Dot Emma" Her swimsuit and headband are paper pieced with Basic Grey Konnichiwa paper (another pattern from that pack is used on the background too). The rest of her and the backgrounds are colored with copics. The card based in SU! Baja Breeze, which also used for the top layer of wave die cuts with Blue Bayou underneath. The button is also SU! Baja Breeze and tied on with SU! linen thread. The yellow paper is Daffodil Delight from SU! The sentiment is from a little dollar set from Michael's. The cloud and wave dies are from Taylored Expressions. The twill ribbon is from Wally World and the clouds were jazzed up with Diamond Stickles.
Here's the challenges for this one:
1. 365 Cards - Fun in the Sun: my three summer items are the image, the waves and the sentiment!
2. BasicGrey Challenges - Fun in the Sun: the patterned paper is the Konnichiwa pad
3. Bearly Mine Challenges - ribbon(s) and bow(s)
4. C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - splashy/water themed
5. Catch The Bug Challenge Blog - anything goes
6. Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog - paper piecing
7. Crafty Calendar Challenge - fun in the sun with optional sparkle/shine
8. Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - spots: on her swimsuit colored with a white gel pen
9. Critter Sketch Challenge Blog - sparkles
10. Cupcake Craft Challenges - bright as a button (bright colors and at least one button)
11. Delicious Doodles challenges - summer holidays
12. digital tuesday challenge - kids
13. Everybody-Art-Challenge - dots
14. Hand Stamped Sentiments - Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, and Daffodil Delight: I got some other colors in there but tried to focus on those
15. One Stitch At A Time Challenge - use a digi
16. Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - paper piecing
17. The Corrosive Challenge Blog - summertime girls
18. The Deconstructed Sketch - sketch
19. Totally Stampalicious - bows and ribbon
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great week!