365 Cards and Designed2Delight/Delightful Inspiration!!! I hope you all had a wonderful and restful weekend (especially those with a holiday yesterday!) and are ready for the start of summer! YAY! The kiddos in Hawaii public schools got out last Thursday and have an 8 week summer break! While I don't have the time off, I do enjoy the "down time" to try and get caught up on all the stuff I put off during the school year! Whew! Makes the time go by way too fast!!! Oh well, still have time to make some cards. :) Above is my creation for this week's 365 Cards challenge which is simply "Bulletin Board." I went a little bit literal on this one and broke out the cork paper and framed it out to look a bit like a bulletin board. I needed a graduation card for my cousin so the colors are a bit for that (blue and gold). I used this fun punch art owl on a card last year and just loved him so made another one for this year! So here's the other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. 2 Sisters Challenge Blog - anything goes
2. allsorts challenge blog - things with wings
3. Card Makin’ Mamas - use your scraps: except for the card base, everything was scraps
4. Crafty Sentiments - special occasions
5. CREATIVE BELLI BLOG - tool shed (dust off those old tools and put them to use again!): I literally had to dust some of the punches I used for this owl!
6. CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS - cute bears/animals only
7. Do you Stack up - animals
8. Simply Create - special day/event
9. The Deconstructed Sketch - sketch (slightly modified!)
Next up is my creation for this week's reminder for the D2D/Delightful Inspiration progressive challenge. Of course, this is the one for the last week of the month, so if you didn't play along with us in May, be sure to pop in later this week to pick up the first one for June!! Also, I didn't make a creation for it but we also have a paper piecing & Winter/Christmas creation challenge with the D2D Saturday challenge. So come and play along with both!
Although I haven't used it a great deal lately, pink is my favorite color and I also LOVE this shade green. Such a bright and cheery combo if I do say so myself! I searched the web for a quote to go with this week's Fun Flower digi and found this one (but I forgot to keep track of where I found it!). I made it into a bit of "word art" in Word. Then it was just coloring and fussy cutting out the flower, and using my Sizzix die to cut out the butterflies. Here's the other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. A Spoon Full of Sugar - flower power
2. Catch The Bug Challenge Blog - bright colors
3. CES challenges - embossing: kinda hard to tell but my butterflies have a bit of embossing on them!
4. Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - pink and green
5. Just Add Ink - fussy cutting
6. PaperCrafting Journey - anything goes and/or use your favorite
7. PaperPlay Challenges - blossoms and blooms
8. Stamp Something - something sentimental
9. Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge - sketch
10. Truly Scrumptious - anything goes
Thanks for stopping by and can't wait to see your creations for these challenges too!