Sunday, August 16, 2009

365 Days 162-168

This is my first week attempting to complete all of the challenges at 365 Cards. I think I've done one other card for a challenge there, but the deadline was extended this week so I had time to spend my weekend making the cards. YEAH! I also made it a personal challenge to use stamps, materials, etc., that I haven't used or haven't used in a while. So here they are:


Day 162 - Super Sketchy Sunday Deets:
  • Paper, Stamps, Ink, Supplies: Apricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Whisper White, Rainbow Sherbet DSP; All About U SU! stamp set; Palette Noir (are the best sentiment), Versamark (the U), Kaleidoscope embossing powder, tangerine glitter brads, yellow brad, ribbon from Mike's
  • Directions: the U was cut out after embossing and is popped up with foam; the tag for the sentiment was cut using the Fabulous Finds Cricut Cartridge; everything else is probably self-explanatory
  • Also used for the CAS27 (Bling it!) challenge at SCS

Day 163 - Try a Technique - Masking Deets:

  • Paper, Ink, Supplies: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White, Berry Bliss DSP; Delight in Life SU! stamp set; Palette noir, pretty in pink craft ink (blender pen used to color center of flowers); Nesties Label 4; MS ribbon, large eyelet; circle punch
  • Directions: Although it's hard to tell from the pic, the masking was done by stamping the flowers first, cutting out and attaching masks, then stamping the background stamp and flourish from the set over the flowers. The masks were then removed and the centers were colored. I wanted to have the flowers show using this layout, so this is a bigger card (5.5 x 8.5).
  • Also used for the MOJO99 challenge



Day 164 - Color Scheme Deets:
  • Paper, Ink, Supplies: Making Memories In Bloom cardstock pad for the red, orange, yellow, blue, and purple, River Rock (for the sand, hope this doesn't disqualify me), Whisper White; Life's a Breeze SU! stamp set, Itty Bitty Backgrounds SU! stamp set (for sand); Palette noir ink
  • Directions: Busted out the Cricut and the Life is a Beach cartridge for this card! Pretty self-explanatory from there ;)



Day 165 - Shape Up! Deets:
  • Paper, Ink, Supplies: Whisper White, Pacific Point; It's a Boy Stampendous stamp set; Nestie squares; Prisma Canary Yellow Marker (to color stars); Scor-Pal
  • Directions: This is also a pretty self-explanatory card to make. The Scor-Pal was used to make the embossed horizontal lines; middle star is popped up with a foam dot



Day 166 - Card Recipe

Deets:
  • Paper, Ink, Supplies: Old Olive, So Saffron DSP; Dare to be Fabulous stamp set SU!; Daisy D's Fabric flowers; glitter glue (for center of flowers)
  • Directions: I cut the DSP in successively smaller sections, glued them together with one edge aligned and then trimmed the long edges at an angle (thought it make it look like a flower pot). Hardest part was gluing the flowers. The sentiment is stamped with versafine and embossed with detail powder.


Day 167 - "Gift" Cards

Deets:
  • Paper, Ink, Supplies: card based is textured Whisper White, patterned paper is Autumn Leaves Winter Garden; "Let's Open Presents" Holiday Spotlight Collection SeeD's stamps; Nestie circle; basic red satin ribbon
  • Directions: To make this card at an angle (which I thought would look like a present viewed from the top/side) I made a 7 x 6 card and then cut the angles from one corner to 5" mark on the other side. After doing that, it was too tall so I cut it down to 5" on the other side. Wrapped and tied the ribbon around the patterned paper, tied a bow and added the tag. Attached it all to the base.

Day 168 - Touch of Toile


Deets:
  • Paper, Ink, Supplies: Kraft, Baja Breeze DSP, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip; Baja Breeze ink; Toile Blossoms SU! stamp set; Making Memories metal brads; Nesties Ovals; computer/color printer for sentiment, MS edge punch
  • Directions: I didn't have any Toile paper (I was surprised by how many people didn't know what this was...guess a lot of people don't do home decorating) so used my Toile Blossoms stamp set and made my own. That way I could also coordinate it with the paper. This is another card for my aunt's "order" so I used the sentiment she provided (Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things ~ Antonio Smith)

Other card:
This is a card I made for a co-worker for her birthday in September. She likes spending time outdoors at the beach, so I thought this set was perfect for her.

Deets:

  • Paper, Ink, Supplies: Tempting Turquoise CS and DSP, Basic Black, Whisper White; Beach Life stamp set by Flourishes; Palette noir ink; hemp twine, tag punch, silver paint pen, mesh embossing folder, primsa colored pencils, OMS
  • Directions: Image was colored with primsa colored pencils and blended with OMS; the sky, water and beach were also colored with successively lighter/darker (for the variegated look) colored pencils and blended with OMS; sentiment was stamped, punch out and outlined with a silver paint pen; everything else is pretty easy to figure out
  • Used for the: SC241, WT231 (Variegated color), and LS233 (Summer's Winding Down) challenges on SCS

3 comments:

SAM said...

Yeah! I love them all! Great designs and colors. You mastered the whole week's challenge. From now on, I'll wait till your make yours and then get my ideas!

Carolyn V said...

Wow, Kim! These are all so lovely. :D I think my fave, though, is the card recipe - Dare to be Fabulous! What a great sentiment, and I love you flowerpot!

Tutu Crafts said...

Wonderful cards! I love your take on the challenges!