Monday, August 31, 2009

Pretty in Pink

Day 184- Movie Monday

Thanks to Pam for coming up with a challenge to honor the late John Hughes...many of his movies are the hallmarks of my childhood/adolescence and his genius will be missed. Anyway, it's been awhile since I saw this movie, but as others did, I looked it up on-line to get some ideas. The quote on the front is the "tagline" from the movie poster...well, it's most of it, I played with it a bit! :) hehe!


Inside:

Get it? For those that don't, the rest of the line is "Duckie" (i.e., one of the characters in the movie's nickname). I had to run to Wally world this afternoon to get the duckie sticker as I had NOTHING in my gear to use for a duck! Oh well, got some other stuff I needed too! ;) A trip to Wally World is never wasted!

I followed the Joy Fold Card tutorial on SCS. Paper is Cert. Celery, Pretty in Pink (really!), whisper white, Tea Party DSP and Raspberry Tart DSP. Flowers on the front are from the Fabulous Flowers SU! set and stamped in coordinating ink, embossed, cut out, and embellished with rhinestones. TFL!

BTW, just a bit of trivia for you that I found on-line...at the end of this movie, Hughes didn't want Andie and Blane to get together, he wanted Andie and Duckie! I didn't know that. :-0 Apparently the studio pressured him to change his original ending. He was so upset that he made another almost identical storylined movie (Say Anything) where the characters similar to Andie and Duckie do get together! Yeah for Hollywood movie magic!



Aloha!

4 comments:

SAM said...

As always Kim you bring a smile to my face! Love this card, you know I think a surprise on a card is a good thing and this really surprised me! Keep the cards coming, can't wait to see what you do with the blues! Love, SAM aka MOM

SAM said...

Another trivia question:

How many times did you watch Breakfast Club?

Rose said...

LOL!!! yes i got it :) cute cute cute!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Love it. Too fun! I like the movie Say Anything and love John Cusack as well. I've watched Breakfast Club a zillion times. LOL