Aloha and welcome to another Magical Monday at There's Magic in the Air with Paper Cupcakes! For this week's challenge we get to use the super cute "Catch of the Day" image by Nina and Jessie has provided with an awesome sketch to use!! This sketch was so great that I pretty much stayed true to it! ;) The image is colored with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS. The patterned papers are Cosmo Cricket. Kinda hard to tell by the green layer is embossed with the Distressed texture plate from SU! Here's the inside:
Here's some other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. allsorts challenge blog - photo inspirations: The photos were of a chocolate strawberry cake and strawberries in cream...I went with the colors (red, brown, and a little green) as my inspiration for this card
2. Alota Rubber Stamps - Lots of folds (try for 3 or more): I folded/pleated the ribbon on the front...
3. Crazy 4 Challenges - create pleats: see above...
4. Creative Inspirations Challenge - sewing (faux or real): after folding/pleating the ribbon, I sewed a piece of linen thread through the middle of the ribbon
5. Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges - Father's Day/Manly project
6. Easy Craft Projects - GREEN
7. Everybody-Art-Challenge - Summer: fishing and Father's Day say summer to me!
8. For Fun Challenges - for a man
9. Jacksonbelle embellishments - use favorite things from the J-belle store...well, they were carrying the Cosmo Cricket paper, although I just found out they are closing their store...so not much left :(
10. Magical Crafts Fortnightly - metal madness: got a little with those brads and colored the reel on the fishing pole with a metallic pen
11. My Time to Craft challenge - Wild Thing (image of anything that lives or grows in the wild): although I doubt many wild bears use a fishing pole to get their fish... :)
12. Res-Q Challenge - sewing (faux/real), staples or buttons
13. Sew Many Challenges - Father's Day projects without using the color blue: well...I broke this one a bit, had to use a very light blue for the sky...hope that's okay
14. Simon Says - make any male card
15. Simple Doodles - Just 4 you Dad
16. Stamp Something - use a digi
17. Stampin' B's Design Team - make a masculine card
18. Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - boys and their toys: think a fishing pole counts as a "toy"? :)
19. The Shabby Tea Room - Father's Day or Masculine card
20. Tuesday Taggers - texture
Whew! That was a busy one! thanks for stopping by and can't wait to see what you come up with!