365 Cards. Pam did again with another "fun" challenge for us. She wants us to use a piece of "ephemera" on our cards...what's that you say? Well, I had to look it up too! Here's what I found on Wikipedia, "...transitory written and printed matter not intended to be retained or preserved"...hum...that helped?!? Oh well, I checked with Pam if ticket stubs would work and she said "yes" so here's what I came up with. This is actually not only a vintage style card (thanks for getting me in the groove last week Gloria!), it's also a theme as the ticket stubs were from a couple of May Day concerts by the Brothers Cazmerio that I went to years ago, so I went with a "May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii" theme! That's an actual song by the way and I found the lyrics for it and made them into my background paper. I had some fun goodies from the Pixie Petals shop (i.e., those fabulous crochet flowers, the doily that you can barely see in the photo, and that seam binding ribbon) so I incorporated those into this creation. I had so much of the ribbon that I used it and some eyelash yarns (3 different colors of green) to make a "miniature" crochet lei. Really super easy! The sentiment says "Me ke aloha" which means "with love" in Hawaiian. I carried that into the inside...
Here's the other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. A Crafty Little Place - anything goes
2. Craft Your Days Away Challenge - texture
3. Crazy 4 Challenges - script paper
4. Delightful challenges - flower power
5. Everything but the Kitchen Sink - textures
6. Flourishes - doilies
7. I Did it Creations Challenge - surprise me
8. Mark's Finest Papers – Speedy the Cat’s Friends Challenge - have a bow
9. My Time To Craft Challenge - vintage
10. Totally Stampalicious - anything goes
11. Tuesday Throwdown - embellish it
12. .. wee Memories .. - bowtiful ribbon challenge
Thanks for stopping by and can't wait to see what ephemera you find!!!