365 Cards! This week our focus is on the backgrounds of our cards and today's challenge is to split your background in to 4th's and make 2/4's patterned paper (doesn't have to be the same patterned paper) and 2/4's solid paper (again doesn't have to be the same). Well, I kept mine simple and used the same patterned paper and solid paper in my background. I found this SEI butterfly paper in my stash and thought it went perfectly with this image from Floppy Latte Designs. Kinda hard to tell in the picture (sorry I couldn't get the Early Espresso paper to edit better in PSE) but I also dry embossed all of the background papers (can't remember the name of the Cuttlebug embossing folder, sorry again!). I also changed the color of the image from black to brown and used just a little Copics on the wings.
Here's the other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. 2 Sisters Challenge Blog - anything goes
2. allsorts challenge blog - free and easy
3. CardPatterns - sketch
4. Sassy Studio Designs - CAS
5. Crafty Cardmakers - butterflies
6. Digi Doodle Shop's Best - CAS
7. digital tuesday challenge - gardens with things with wings
8. Do you Stack up - Wings
9. Paper Cutz Challenge - anything goes
10. The Crafty Pad - embossing
Thanks again for stopping by and see you on Saturday when I'll have a sample for the D2D Designers' challenge!