Tuesday, August 30, 2011

365 Cards - Day 185 & D2D Challenge Reminder

Hello and welcome to another wonderful Wednesday with 365 Cards and Designed2Delight! Yes, I'm back with a post for both of my DTs :) YAY! Anyway, first up is today's challenge at 365 Cards which is a "white space" challenge...
So the challenge is to keep your stamping/decoration/embellies to the black spaces only...

I think I did pretty good! I did an "emerging color/emboss resist" technique to create the flowers on the bottom and the panel is actually brayer with Early Espresso ink, although it looks black in the photo (guess I should've played a bit more with the photo editing software!). The stamp set is a retired SU! set called "Fabulous Flowers" and I love that sentiment! Of course I had to bling it up a bit! So here's the other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. Creative Card Crew - anything goes
2. Just Add Ink - add something you've had in your stash for awhile: I've had the Poppy Parade ink pad for awhile and just unwrapped for this card!
3. My Time To Craft Challenge - in full bloom
4. The Sisterhood of Crafters - use a flower
5. Totally Gorjuss - as you like it

Next up is my sample for this week's progressive challenge at Designed2Delight. Well, I guess you don't need a reminder since the next image is free to everyone, but I loved this image so much I couldn't pass up playing along!
So here's Maisie Belle all ready for school! I "paper pieced" her and the background with free digital papers from Stacy K Designs. The piecing was done in photoshop so no fussy cutting needed! Then I colored in the rest with my trusty Copics. I borrowed the wording of the sentiment from a Changito stamp set that I have but I re-worked it in Word to fit in a circle and gathered the ruler twill tape behind that.
Here's the other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. allsorts challenge blog - back to school
2. Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges - anything goes + digi
3. Delightful challenges - digital paper
4. Paper Issues - learning curve
5. Paper Pretties - back to school
6. PaperPlay Challenges - back to school/starting school
7. Phindy’s Friday challenge - make your own embellishments: I'm counting my gathered "flower" as my embellishment
8. Sassy Studio Designs - back to school
9. Sentimental Sundays - back to school + sentiment
10. Stamp Something - back to school somethings
11. The Pink Elephant - paper piecing
13. TotallyPaperCrafts - back to school
14. Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - autumn colors

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get to play along in this week's challenges!
Aloha,

17 comments:

STAMPING SAM said...

Not 1, but 2 FAB-U-LOUS cards on this soon to be very hot day in Missouri! That stamp set just screams fabulous and the emerging color technique is so perfect for it.

And your D2D Maisie Belle card is so cute! What teacher wouldn't feel special receiving this card and brownie points for the student!
Love the combo of digi stamp with digi paper piecing and 3-D embellishment and coloring.

You get an A+ on both cards!

Love, SAM aka MOM

Nicola said...

Great school themed card, I love the gathered tape behind the sentiment and the fab image!
Thanks for entering our Back to school challenge this week at Allsorts and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

NancyD said...

Great teacher card. Love the digi paper. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges. NancyD

Debs said...

Two fabulius cards - love the adorable image on the second one.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Jeni said...

Both cards are wonderful! I love the ruler ribbon around your sentiment, too cute. Thanks for playing in the Totally Papercrafts challenge this week. ~jeni :)

Sara said...

So sweet! Thanks for playing along with SSD!

Purple Crazy said...

How lovely and such a cute image, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week

Fleur said...

Fab cards, I love the school one, Thank you so much for entering my “back to school” challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Unknown said...

Great cards with wonderful embellishments! Glad you could join us this week at the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog!

Sheri said...

Super ADORABLE! Great paper piecing! Thanks so much for sharing with us at WHOOPSI DAISY CHALLENGES!

Lisa B said...

Both of these cards are fabulous! I love the coloring in the first card with the popped out flowers. And the school card is to cute!

Thanks for sharing these great creations with us over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.

Ruby said...

Lovely cards! Love how you've digitally paper pieced, very clever!! Must look into that! Thanks for linking up over at Paper Issues!

papertrails leaver said...

Isnt she a cutie! I like the paper piecing you did. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays for our back to school challenge. :-) Amy

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card!! Love the darling image and paper piecing. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

Notes by Nina said...

Two wonderful cards, love the flower on the first one. The second card is so fun.

Christy said...

I loooove these!

Unknown said...

Both the card are looking the wonderful piece of art ,if you can use the small pearls in the boundary edges they looks more pretty ....try it!!!!


Plastic Card Printing
Plastic card