Saturday's challenge at D2D is to create a Christmas card for a child. Well, since I'm getting farther away from understanding what kids want for gifts, I thought a gift card holder was perfect for a child! Here it is closed...
And here it is open...
Hehe, no I wouldn't give a child a Costco card, but that's what I had handy for the picture! :) So for this creation I took Faith's "Present" image and supersized it to about 5.5x6" and printed it twice on the base cardstock. I also printed it several more times to get the paper piecing going. I took one of the bases and folded it at the bottom of the image..making an envelope and trimming around the sides and top. Then on the second base, I cut the top of the image and added a bit of an insert to fit in the bottom. Added a strip of the patterned paper to the insert to hold the gift card. And that's it!
Here's some other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. Catch The Bug Challenge Blog - warm colors + paper piecing
2. Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - Christmas
3. Cupcake Craft Challenges - gift card
4. Digi Doodle Shop 's Best - anything goes
5. Mami Doodles: Digital Stamps - shaped card
6. Some Odd Girl Challenge blog - paper piecing
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to play along in this week's challenge!