Saturday, August 27, 2011

D2D Christmas card for a Child challenge

Saturday's challenge at D2D is to create a Christmas card for a child. Well, since I'm getting farther away from understanding what kids want for gifts, I thought a gift card holder was perfect for a child! Here it is closed...
And here it is open...
Hehe, no I wouldn't give a child a Costco card, but that's what I had handy for the picture! :) So for this creation I took Faith's "Present" image and supersized it to about 5.5x6" and printed it twice on the base cardstock. I also printed it several more times to get the paper piecing going. I took one of the bases and folded it at the bottom of the image..making an envelope and trimming around the sides and top. Then on the second base, I cut the top of the image and added a bit of an insert to fit in the bottom. Added a strip of the patterned paper to the insert to hold the gift card. And that's it!

Here's some other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. Catch The Bug Challenge Blog - warm colors + paper piecing
4. Digi Doodle Shop 's Best - anything goes
6. Some Odd Girl Challenge blog - paper piecing

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to play along in this week's challenge!
Aloha,

17 comments:

Liz said...

Love it !! Great idea. Thaks for joining us this week at C4E.
Liz

STAMPING SAM said...

Would you give your mother a Costco card? She's really a kid at heart so this card and gift is the perfect combination for me! Love how you enlarge images to make a shaped card. Good thinking my DD! Love, SAM aka MOM

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMGosh....great take on the swing card. I'm finishing one up this morning so now I think I will finish up the card like yours as a gift certificate holder. Check my blog on Tuesday. Thanks for the inspiration and joining us at the Catch the Bug challenge this week.

Peggysue said...

This is a super idea Kim! If I can remember, I will probably CASE this idea come Christmas time. Its really cute.
Hugs
Peggy

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab project sweetie. Thank you for joining us at DDSC this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Shelby said...

Fantastic creativity!!! I may have to give this a go

Shelby

Donna said...

Wonderful gift card Kim and such a stunning design, a really clever and unique idea! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

Patti J said...

I think that giving your mother a Costco card is a fabulous idea. She is rather childish, so she would definitely need a mature friend to accompany her to Costco, where WE would sample yummy foods and shop till we dropped....just sayin! What a great creation, Kim - I think kids of any age would have fun with this!!! Hugs...

Unknown said...

Love your card. Go check out my blog I have Blog candy available through sept 22.
thanks
patty

Amy said...

This is so cute, what a great idea for a gift card holder! Thanks for joining us for the SOG challenge!

pinky said...

Thats brilliant! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Cor* said...

OH how totally totally awesome is this gift card holder!! Wicked awesome! And who doesn't love anything Costco, right! YAHOO!! thanks for playing along with us at SOG this week! Best of luck to you!

ahlers5 said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at DDSC.
Diane

michele said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

sgc said...

This is really cute! We give a lot of gift cards for gifts (several picking teenaged grandchildren, nieces, and nephews!) so I will be CASing this! Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

Min said...

Wow, I am SO CASING this!!! =) Just adorable! Love the papers and the design! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Warm Colors and Paper Piecing" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
http://kayminkreations.blogspot.com

Marion said...

Fantastic card! I love this challenge but the bad thing is I missed it. By the way can I include that card in my collection of printing samples? Thanks.