Aloooooohaaaaa! Just in case you didn't know, this week at 365 Cards we've been celebrating reaching over ONE THOUSAND followers!!! Yippee!!! To do this each DT was asked to pick someone that they would like to have serve as guest designer for them...well, gotta admit I played the nepotism card and asked for my mom, Stamping by SAM, to be my GD. I mean how could I not?!? She's the one I blame, I mean thank, for getting me into card making/paper crafting and especially for getting me into following and doing challenges. It was just about a year ago that she started doing challenges at 365 Cards and I quickly followed along as it looked like fun. Well, a year of Pam's "special coffee" later, we're both still playing along and I've even made it onto the DT! Never thought that would happen when all of this started :)
Even though I moved far, far away...Mom and I constantly challenge each other to do more in our creations and help each other through design blocks (thank goodness for a family cell phone plan...now if we were just in the same time zone I could call her even more!). Actually, her inspiring me to create goes WAY back to when I was little and we were always doing a craft, sewing or other project of some kind together (remember 4-H projects, mom?!?). Mom, thanks for your guidance and support in this and all endeavors that I've experienced in my life. I am so lucky to have you as my mom!! Sniff, sniff...okay enough with the mushy stuff!
So anyway, this week Pam gave the regular DT time off, but I absolutely could not let my mom's FIRST experience as a GD go by without playing along with her challenge! So here's my attempt at an "aged look", heck, I even went as far as copying her use of Distress Ink and almost used the same colors (and that one was not on purpose!). I went for a "non-traditional" Christmas card which is a challenge in and of itself! Here's the front...
I did a brown haired angel for my mom (although she would say she's "dark blonde"!) and the inside is also a tribute to her as she used this embossing folder on her Christmas cards and I got to help her put the rhinestones on those as she was visiting me then! :) FUN!
So here's the other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. Alota Rubber Stamps - Inside and out (decorate the inside of the cards as well): This has been a personal challenge for me this year and I've pretty much done this on every card I've made this year.
2. Bee Crafty - 3D: I pulled the corner of the DP on the front down a bit which give is more dimension and I also thought the brads and the images being popped up did that as well
3. Clearly Delightful - Pearls, Bling, or button things: I went for the bling on this one!
4. Creative Card Crew - die cuts: the angel was cut out with a nestie...I love doing "out of the box" with these!
5. Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges - 1 ribbon, 2 patterned papers, 3 brads + digi (the image is a Karen's Doodles digi)
6. Digi Doodle Shop’s Best - texture: I crumpled up the DPs on the front both to age them and give them texture, plus the ribbon and brads give that too, I think
7. Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge - Christmas in July
8. Flutter By Wednesday's - anything with butterfly, fairy, or angel
9. Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges - Christmas in July Part 2
10. Karen’s Doodles - Bling it up! + Karen's Doodles image: I tried to really bling this one up with the rhinestone brads, little rhinestones on the sentiment and inside, and with the starburst pen on the angel wings
11. KL Stampin N Scrappin Blog - Dry Embossing: mine's on the inside :)
12. Little Paper Shop - Orchid, Razzleberry, Olive: my card base is Rich Razzleberry and the DP has all three colors in it (SU! Cottage Wall DSP)
13. Little Red Wagon - Nestabilities: see above
14. My Time to Craft challenge - Angelic
15. No Time to Stamp - Christmas, Kwanzaa, or Hanukkah card
16. Pixie Dust Studio Challenge - sketch + Christmas theme
17. Simple Doodles - Time for some Holiday Fun
18. Speedy the Cat’s Friends at Mark’s Finest Papers - Punch It!: The sentiment on the front is punch with a SU! label punch and matted with a circle punch
19. Stampin’ B’s Design Team - Polka dots: got this on the ribbon
20. The Corrosive Challenge Blog!! - Christmas
21. The Crazy Challenge - Up in the Air: I see my angel flying...
22. The Pink Elephant - 3 layers, 2 die cuts, and ribbon: Okay I'm counting the card base as a layer, the DPs as the 2nd layer and the angel/sentiment as the 3rd layer; 2 die cuts are for the angel image and partial circle for the corner DP
23. The Shabby Tea Room - Let's make an impression (embossing): see above
Well, thanks Mom for being my DT and I really think we should do a job share thing from now on :) Please?!? :)
Oh well, I tried. Anyway, not sure how much I'll get done tomorrow as my new refrigerator is being delivered, have to take my car in for oil change/safety check, and the dog to the vet for a shot, oh yeah, and I need to prepare for Malie's 2nd birthday party on Sunday! Whew...guess I'd better get some sleep!