I finished this card here in SLC and I'm calling it "guerrilla" card making as I had limited supplies and then forget some of the supplies I meant to bring so had to improvise. This is for the Delightful Inspiration with Designed 2 Delight Digi Stamps progressive challenge. I got this image last Thursday night before I left on Friday morning for vacation so I quickly decided that I could paper piece the image so rushed to print it out and then threw some ribbon, button, and rhinestone brads in a bag. Then when I got here, I discovered that I forgot to pick up the image that was printed on the red paper after trimming that piece for a mat for the main image...so I cut out the center of the mat, cut out the image from the yellow, traced the pieces I wanted on the red and cut them out. I then had to hand draw in the lines with a black pen so mine differs a bit from the original but it's pretty close in my opinion. I then found the challenge at Double Delight was to pop up something on the creation. Didn't have any pop dots so I fan folded and glued scrap paper to make the "pop dots". It's not my best creation but not bad for what I had to work with!
Here's some other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. Crazy 4 Challenges - button
2. Digi Doodle Shop’s Best - Anything Goes
3. Double Delight Challenge - Pop it Up!: kinda hard to tell in the picture but I popped up the wing and head
4. KL Stampin N Scrappin Blog - ribbon
5. Scrap Creations – Going Grey Challenge - use at least 3 embellishments + BG paper: I've got rhinestone brad, ribbons/twin, and a button and the chicken is paper pieced with BG paper although I can't remember which ones right now :)
6. Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle Saturdays - animals
7. Stamp Something - go digital
8. The Townscrapper - anything goes -- this is their last challenge until September so go play along! ;)
Okay, that's it for now...I hope you are having a wonderful week!