Aloha and E Komo Mai (Hello and Welcome) to my first official post as a member of the 365 Cards Design Team!!!
This is the place that I found my groove as a card maker and I hope I can inspire you to do the same (or keep yours going as that can sometimes be a problem too!).
Anywhoo, I got the awesome challenge of Wacky Color Wednesday (orange, purple, and blue ) during this super fun Stretch n' Bubbles week! Well, can't say that I use orange or purple too often (except at Halloween!), but I tried my best to do justice to all of these colors in this one. I had a bugger of a time getting a reasonably good photo of all of it. That purple metallic paper just gave me fits! It's kinda hard to tell but I embossed that layer with a texture plate from SU! That's also a layer of blue glitter paper behind the sky paper. The fun rocket ship image was colored with a Prismacolor Silver paint pen and Prismacolor markers of purple and orange. I put some glassy accent on the colored elements of the ship to give it some shine. The "flames" coming out of the boosters are the MS grass punch sponged with Tangerine Tango ink. And that fluffly stuff behind them...that's Malie's contribution. She tore up one of her toys so I had some stuffing to use as the "smoke"! Wasn't that thoughtful of her to help me like that?!? :)
You'll also find that I like to combine challenges so here's some other challenge inspirations that I used on this card:
1. allsorts challenge blog - Just for men: Well, for boys too...
2. Alota Rubber Stamps - sketch
3. Bee Crafty - embossing + digi image
4. Creative Inspirations Challenge - Male card
5. Creative Belli - Eyelets
6. Creative Card Crew - Celebration's: Birthday!
7. Delightful Sketches & Challenges - Kids
8. One stop Craft challenge - Sew Simple: use real of faux stitching: edged the cloud paper with faux stitches (thought that went well with those already on image!)
9. Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - Something for a Child