I'm the only child of a very creative mother and talented craftsman father. I'm still known as "Baby Kim" to my mother, even though I'm 30+. I've lived in Hawaii for 9 years and still am amazed everyday by the beauty of this paradise. I'm also the owner of a wonderful puppy who will be occasionally featured in this blog.
Aloha again everyone and welcome to another fantastic Wednesday challenge at 365 Cards! Gotta admit that after last week's 10 patterned paper challenge, I was a little anxious of what Pam would give us today, but I breathed a bit of a sigh of relief! Whew, we can do this! (Of course, you all rocked the 10 patterned paper challenge last week which totally freaked me out, so maybe I'm the only one worried about all of this!). So I got to work with the super adorable Halen sleeping in a teacup from Sew Many Cards! All of the patterned papers are Basic Grey Nook & Pantry. The quote on the front makes a bit more sense when you see the inside, so here's that:
This was my first hinge card and gotta say I liked it! I'd probably give a little more room for the top section, but with a goal of finishing the insides of cards this year, it's a lot easier when there isn't much to do on the inside (or underneath as this one is!).
Here are some other challenges I was inspired by for this one:
1. CardPatterns - sketch: I was inspired by the sketch but I think my final product strays a bit from it...
2. Crafty Ann - make something for someone special: who's more SPECIAL than my mom?!?
3. Cute Card Thursday - Dimensions: it's kinda hard to tell but I did pop up the tea cup, and so is the sentiment and the image circle
4. Hand Full of Stamps - anything that deals with sweetness: I think this image and sentiment are so sweet!
5. Lots To Do - Vintage: I thought this paper was vintage-y looking