Top o' the mornin' to you all and
here's to the best for the rest of the day too!
Today's card is for Day 17 at 365 Cards and although the challenge of "twinchie" didn't immediately inspire thoughts of St. Patty's Day in me, in looking through my stamps I found this adorable and totally appropriate little image! YEAH! So do you want some deets on this? Even if you don't, here they are (I'll bullet them to make them easier to read!)!
- Okay, so the image is a Studio G clear stamp.
- My cardstock is SU! - Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White (base for the image panel), and Yoyo Yellow (for the daffodils).
- I first stamped, embossed my image, colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and OMS and then covered that with a versamark pen and embossed again (that way my image resists the next steps. If you want more information on how to do this, check out Splitcoast Stampers. They have a great toot.).
- I brayered the sky and grass on a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cardstock and then sponged in the "clouds" with white craft ink and the negative of a scallop circle punch. The hills were sponged in with a darker ink and different templates cut from sticky notes. (Michelle Zindorf is an awesome resource on all things brayering, sponging, and emboss resisting. Check her out!)
- To create my "twinchie" I used a 2 inch nestie to cut the image from the main panel and then layered it with a 2 1/4 square cut from the Pumpkin Pie CS. (got this idea from Michelle B...she does FAB work, check her out too!)
- To create the daffodils, I punched the 6 petal flower from the Boho Blossoms punch but that was too small for my taste. So I scanned it, enlarged it a bit, and then printed it out on the yellow card stock. Cut them out by hand and used the other small flower from this punch to make the center and layered a light green Dew Drop on that.
- Okay, think that about covers any of the hard stuff...if I left anything out, just ask!
Love this sentiment!
And as usual, here's some other challenges that I was also inspired by:
1. Clearly Delightful - sketch
2. Cupcake Craft Challenges - Going Green
3. Daring Cardmakers - A Host of Golden Daffodils
4. Incy Wincy Designs - Green (at least 1/3rd of your creation as green)
5. Ooh LaLa Creations - Anything Goes
6. Other Lovlies - Use a Brayer
7. Raise the Bar - Go Green!
8. The Corrosive Challenge Blog!! - something with good luck on it
And if you've made it this far, you've got a little bit of the Blarney stone coming to ya! Nah, not really, but I do have some blog candy that I've been meaning to give away. As I meant to do this with my post on Monday which was my 100th, I'll now make it for my 101st post and in honor of St. Patty's Day (gotta a wee bit of the Irish in me too)!
So if you're interested in some "candy," be sure to leave a comment on this post saying you want to be entered in the drawing. I don't have a picture of what I'll send to ya if you're chosen, but I know there will be some clear stamps, various embellishments, and some real Hawaiian candy in there. The drawing will be next Tuesday night (that's March 23rd and Hawaiian time...we're 6 hours behind the East coast now) with the winner will be announced in my next week's 365 Card post.
Well, that's it for this week and can't wait to see what you come up for this challenge!