Tuesday, August 17, 2010

365 Cards - Day 171 - Wacky Color Wednesday!

Welcome to another Wonderful, yet "Wacky," Wednesday at 365 Cards!! Pam's hitting the "special coffee" again which means I got a fun color challenge! So what can you do with shades of yellow, brown, and grey?!? Luckily I had this super cute Robyn's Fetish stamp "Over da wall puppy" to work with so my challenge wasn't too challenging! Can you see where I cheated just a bit?!? I'm having so much fun getting practice with my new copic markers...although gotta admit I'm keeping my grey Prismacolor markers until they run out...got a pretty good selection of those. I also love that you can color other things with these markers...the flowers were a brighter yellow so I took my yellow copic and colored them to match a bit better! Anyway, I played with some other new stuff too like the fabulous "square lattice" embossing folder from SU! and that chocolate chip striped ribbon (actually I think this retired but it's new to me!). Thanks to my SU! demonstrators (mom and Momi) for ordering this stuff for me! Mom also gifted me those fun corduroy buttons and they worked perfectly on this card! So here's the other challenges I was inspired by for this card:
1.  Alota Rubber Stamps - Fall colors (red, yellow, brown, orange, green - at least 2)
2. Alphabet Challenge Blog - P for punches: used that super duper cute paw prints border punch!!
3. Anything Goes Challenge - three layers: think I got a few more than this but hopefully more is better!
4. Bee Crafty - ribbons and bow + a digi image
5. Dare you to digi stamp - blooms and charms
6. Digi Doodle Shop’s Best - flowers
7. Everybody-Art-Challenge -  in the garden
8. One Stitch at a Time - pack a punch
9. Speedy the Cat’s Friends at Mark’s Finest Papers - think flowers
10. The Sweet Stop  - sketch

Well, that's it for this week's challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
Aloha,

25 comments:

Marie said...

AWWWW, so darling Cute!!!

~ Sophia ~ said...

Wow Kim! Think this card is one of the prettiest cards ever!
Love how you used the ribbon.... and that border.mm, yummie!
Have a great day in paradise my friend!

Paula said...

Kim that is just stunning!!!!

thanks for joining in with us this week at OSAAT, good luck, hope you can drop by next week too
Paula x

Karen said...

Lovely, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Lynn McAuley said...

Your over the wall puppy looks precious flanked by this sea of yellow daisies!! How adorable!!

Thank you so much for sharing this delightful card in the Friends of Speedy the Cat's flower challenge!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a darling card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's friends!

Powerful Search Engine said...

I love the scene you have created here. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle shops best challenge hugs Pascale

KymKreates said...

Your project is eye-catching! I adore the use of flowers and love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and Good Luck!

KymKreates
DT Coordinator

Jenny said...

The card is absolutely fab?? I love the paw print punch - what brand of punch is it?
Jenny

Unknown said...

What a great card - real cute doggie! I love the colours too. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

dstandard said...

Oh I love this - adorable image! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely darling....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous card! Love it! Thanks for joining us on DDSB this week!

redwasher1 said...

Your card is adorable!! Cute puppy.
Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy's Friends.

dawnmercedes said...

super job on the speedy's Friends Challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is darling. Love the bright coloring on the adorable image and the ribbon treatment.

STAMPING SAM said...

L@@K - I'm on line!!!

OK now to comment!!! Love the little puppy and the quote to go with it. Awesome composition and color combo - one that would get me out of the box whenever I get around to making a card :(
Well off to the next card before I get kicked off tee-hee!

Love SAM aka MOM

Carolina said...

Very sweet and lovely card.
Thank you for joining the alphabet challenge

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Kim this is absolutely fabulous I so love that image also the colours and flowers are gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Dana White said...

cute, cute, cute - thanks for playing along with the sweet stop blog

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT, and we'll have a new challenge for you tomorrow, so don't forget to check in :D

Gloria Stengel said...

Girl. This is just amazing. You did such a good job with a hard color challenge and (to me)a hard image to color! Fantastic!

Biggan said...

This is so lovely! Thank you for joining us for the Alota Fall Challenge!!!

Hugs!
Birgit

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Just gorgeous love the ribbon - Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
hugs,
Debbie x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Fabulous! I love the sunflowers and that sentiment is awesome!! Thanks so much for playing at Bee Crafty.

Deanne :)