Aloha and Welcome to a wonderful Wednesday at 365 Cards! Today's Tri-colored challenge is to use only 3 colors on your card (not including black and white, BUT including the colors on the image!). UGH!!! I guess I've been spoiled by other challenges giving free rein of colors on the image while limiting the other colors, so this one kinda rocked my world!!! So, I got to use the super cute, Happy Graduates, image from Digi Doodle Shop and you can hopefully see that my 3 colors (other than black and white) are red, eggshell (peachy color), and brown. (Shhh...don't tell Pam, but I snuck some pink for the checks under the eggshell color!) Luckily several schools in my area have red and black for their school colors so I can easily give this one away! And after looking high and low for this Cuttlebug Congrats embossing folder, I finally got to use it!! Yeah!! AND it worked perfectly with the sketch challenge from Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge blog!
Here's the inside:
I love using quotes from Dr. Suess's "Oh the places you'll Go!" book for grad cards. My aunts gave me this book for my high school graduation and I LOVED it!! Still take it out every once and awhile to read it again. Tried to make the inside kinda look like the inside of a diploma with the photo corners.
1. Crafty Cardmakers - distressing: I did forget to say above that I used core'dination cardstock for the embossed layer and then sanded it some to get the words to show up more
2. Creative Inspirations Challenge - congratulations
3. Cute Card Thursday - Boyz to Men!
4. Frosted Designs - sand something: see above
5. Jacksonbelle embellishments - CAS card: I though this only was pretty clean and simple :)
6. My Time to Craft challenge - Too Cute!
Thanks for stopping by and can't wait to see what you come up with for today's challenge!!