Monday, May 24, 2010

Magical Monday continued...

If you're looking for this week's original Magical Monday post for There's Magic in the Air with Paper Cupcakes...scroll down or click here. Otherwise take a look at how I modified my original project!


Okay, I gotta admit that when I was making this original project that I was also thinking how I could use it for a gift for a baby shower that I needed to attend yesterday. I got the color scheme from the mother-to-be and then continued with the bear theme. If I'd had more time I would've used the same Simple Pleasures image on the holder and the 3x3 thank you cards...but didn't have the time to color all of those, so quick one step stamping it was (at least they're both teddy bears!). I did 10 of the cards to go in the holder. The holder is two of the "box #2" dies from SU! with the tops/backs taped together (got this idea from my Hawaii SU! demonstrator...Thanks Momi!). I had made the original tag removable so made a baby theme one to replace the birthday theme one and...viola a baby shower gift! The mother-to-be (and all the guests) loved it! So here's the inside of the little cards...


I also made a gift card holder to go with this little something. Got the toot for this from Cambria Turnbow at Stamp a Little Love (find it here).


SUPER easy!!! I made a little belly band to hold it together and here's a bit of an unfocused (sorry!) picture of the inside...I signed the back of the sentiment card.
Thanks for coming by again!
Aloha,

5 comments:

STAMPING SAM said...

I'm the first, I'm the first...

what a lovely gift set for the baby shower, definitely want to try the gift card holder, the mommy-to-be could use it to pack some newbie baby pictures afterwards. OK, that's my one good idea for the day!

Have a great day.
Love, SAM aka MOM

The Other Patti Sue said...

Now these are AWESOME! Love the colors, great gift!

Irena said...

Wonderful creations :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute set!

coldwaters2 said...

Totally stunning creations Kim wonderful projects so inspirational the colours are fabulous.
Hugs
Lorraine x